Bring your Proof of Loss form to Red Seal Notary

May 22nd, 2013

Was your car stolen? Was your apartment broken into? Did your house catch fire?

Whether you’ve been the victim of a major catastrophe or a minor mishap, if you have insurance, you will no doubt be placing a claim with your insurance company to recover your losses.

Once you have contacted your insurer, your claims adjuster will likely ask you to complete a proof of loss form and sign it in the presence of a commissioner of oaths.

There are typically three types of proof of loss forms: one for automobile claims, one for fire claims, and a general one for other types of losses.

For home or tenant’s insurance claims, you will be asked to itemize the items that were stolen or damaged on your proof of loss form.

According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, most insurance policies require that a proof of loss declaration be made within 90 days of your accident.

Red Seal Notary has over 100 locations across Canada, including walk-in locations in Toronto, Mississauga, North York, and Ottawa.

To schedule an appointment for the commissioning of your proof of loss declaration, please call us at 1-888-922-7325 or complete our online appointment request form located here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your comment may be subject to editorial review.



Call Now Button