Canadian Residents Collecting Pensions from Abroad

March 23rd, 2015
Canadian Residents Collecting Pensions from Abroad

If you have lived and worked in a Country outside of Canada, you could be entitled to receive a pension. You may be eligible for a pension from another Country if you have contributed to a plan significantly before your move to Canada. You might also be eligible for survivor benefits from another Country if your deceased spouse had contributed to a plan.

If you are a Canadian Resident applying for or collecting a pension from outside Canada, you may be required to provide proof of eligibility on an annual basis. Depending on the jurisdiction of your pension, the governmental authority may ask for proof that you, as the pensioner, are still alive and living in Canada. Some jurisdictions may also ask for confirmation of address and contact information as well. These documents are usually mailed to the pensioner, but can also be obtained by contacting the governmental authority for the appropriate jurisdiction.

Quite often, pensioners will be asked to have these documents signed in front of a Notary. This step helps to prevent fraudulent claims and confirms to the governmental authority that the pensioner has personally signed the required forms. The Notarial seal provides a level of authority conferred on the Notary by our government and guarantees the authenticity of your documents and signatures. Failure to complete these forms correctly and submit them on time can result in the delay of pension payments or even the cancellation of the policy. Red Seal Notary can Notarize your documents quickly and easily so that your pension benefits continue seamlessly. Bring your international pension forms to us and let us verify your identity and notarize your documents to meet your specific requirements.

Locations and Hours

We have locations across Canada to serve you. We also offer several walk-in locations. Click here for a list of our locations and office hours, or give us a call at 1-888-922-7325 to set up an appointment at a time and location that is convenient for you.

Mobile Notary Service

If it’s a challenge for you to get to us, we are happy to come to you. Our Mobile Notary Services can provide quick and easy service in the comfort of your home or office. Give us a call at 1-888-922-7325 to see if Mobile Notary Services are available in your area.

Don’t let red tape cost you a delay in your well-deserved benefits – let us put our expertise to work for you.

2 thoughts on “Canadian Residents Collecting Pensions from Abroad

  1. Ingeborg Schubert says:

    My husband died May 6th.2016. I applied for a survivor pension
    at Centre Canada on September 21st. 2016. The documents
    were forwarded to Pensionsversicherungsanstalt in Wien. I was
    never contacted from Wien.

    • Blake McClung says:

      Dear Ingeborg,

      Thank you for visiting our website and for your comment on this page.

      Although we may be able to assist you in having your signature notarized on pension documents, or notarizing copies of original documents such as marriage and/or death certificates, we are not associated with Pensionsversicherungsanstalt, or any Pension plan provider. You should contact the pension plan provider for information on the status of your application. If the plan provider is a Government agency, you may also wish to seek assistance from the relevant Consulate or Embassy.

      I hope this information is of assistance.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your comment may be subject to editorial review.



Call Now Button