If you are a practising chiropractor in Ontario, you must be licensed by the College of Chiropractors of Ontario (CCO).
Registration requirements are the same for domestically or internationally trained applicants.
To register with the CCO, you must:
- be a graduate of an accredited chiropractic college;
- have completed the Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board examinations or the equivalent, as well as the CCO’s Legislation and Ethics exam;
- provide evidence of good character;
- be reasonably fluent in English or French;
- have professional liability insurance.
For detailed information on the CCO’s registration requirements, click here to visit their website.
Affidavits, Notarizations, Statutory Declarations and Certified Copies
- To register for the Legislation and Ethics exam:
- you must attach a notarized photo of yourself to the application form;
- an affidavit must be sworn before a notary public or commissioner of oaths.
- To register with the CCO, you must provide the following documentation with your application form:
- official or notarized copies of your transcripts from an accredited chiropractic educational institution;
- notarized photos of yourself;
- proof of Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to practise the profession.
- If you will be incorporating your practice, you will need a Certificate of Authorization for a Professional Corporation. The following documents are required when you apply:
- a statutory declaration by a director of the corporation signed before a lawyer, notary public or commissioner of oaths;
- a certified copy of the Articles of Incorporation;
- a certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation;
- certified copies of all certificates that have been endorsed under the Business Corporations Act.
- To renew your Certificate of Authorization, a director of your corporation must sign a statutory declaration before a lawyer, notary public or commissioner of oaths.
Red Seal Notary will be happy to assist you with all of your notarization needs.
Red Seal Notary Locations
For your convenience, Red Seal Notary has several walk-in locations in Toronto, North York, Mississauga and Ottawa.
Click here for a complete list of our walk-in locations and office hours.
If you live elsewhere in Ontario, you can usually obtain a same-day or next-day appointment with one of our notary representatives.
To schedule an appointment, please call 1-888-922-7325 or feel free to complete our online appointment request form.
Mobile Notary Services
We understand how busy you are, and if it is not convenient for you to visit one of our offices, Red Seal Notary can come to you.
Please contact one of our friendly customer service representatives at 1-888-922-7325 to hear more about our mobile notary services.
Certified Copies by Courier
For information on how to obtain certified true copies of your supporting documents by courier, please click here.
We look forward to assisting you.